Minimum Number of Participants Required for Guided Public Trips
In most cases Bredeson Outdoor Adventures is able to guarantee departures for guided public trips once two guests have signed up. Self-guided and guided trips have no set minimum or maximum with these caveats: 1. For reasons of safely, we do not accept solo travelers on most self-guided tours; 2. once your group reaches 6 - 8 people we recommend a guided tour; and 3. the maximum number of participants in guided tours is incluenced by safety considerations and available accommodations. Our tours are small by design and usually consist of a maximum of 8 participants, with the exception of some of our private tours for groups of friends.
Reservation and Payment Process
To make a reservation on one of our trips please use the Trip Sign-Up page or follow the instructions below:
- Read the trip itinerary to obtain an understanding of the trip, especially the inclusions, payment and refund terms.
- Call us 1-203-856-6187 or email us at email@example.com to confirm availability and to determine the appropriateness of this trip for your experience and needs.
- Complete and submit the confidential on-line Reservation Form. This form can be accessed by clicking on the "reservation form" tab at http://bredeson.com/trip-sign-up. This form also contains a release of liability. If you prefer to complete this document off-line, please let us know and we will email the file to you.
- We strongly recommend that you purchase Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance for multi-day trips. Please note: mountain rescue, while highly unlikely, is also very expensive in Europe. If you purchase travel insurance, please make sure that this is covered. We encourage our guests to purchase trip insurance for cancellation, interruption, and health care. Refer to step 5 of the "Reservation Process" at http://bredeson.com/trip-sign-up for more information.
- Forward a deposit of $500 per person. Please make your check payable to the Bredeson Group LLC. You may also pay the deposit for multi-day trips by PayPal. The balance is payable by check and is due 90 days before the trip. Forward your deposit check to:
Bredeson Outdoor Adventures
Attention: Deborah Lewis
14 Cliffview Drive
Norwalk, CT 06850, USA
Cancellation and Booking Conditions
If you need to cancel your trip, please call Bredeson Outdoor Adventures immediately and then follow up in writing (email, fax or mail). Cancellation fees will apply, calculated as of the date Bredeson Outdoor Adventures receives written notice of cancelation.
Except where otherwise noted in your itinerary, if you need to cancel your trip, the following schedule applies and is determined by the day that we receive written notification:
- >90 days prior to the trip: you will be charged $200/person
- 90-61 days prior to the trip start: you will be charged 30% of the trip price
- 60-46 days prior to the trip start: you will be charged 50% of the trip price
- < 46 days prior to the trip start: you will be charged 100% of the trip price
Payment for Tours
As enthusiastic and skilled adventure travel consultants, we are delighted to work with you to design a custom tour for your party. While we have designed and delivered custom tours on short notice, it is best to start the planning process six to nine months ahead. Your initial consultation for custom inquiries with our travel consultant is complimentary. During this consultation or shortly thereafter we will confirm and agree to the number of participants, preliminary itinerary (subject to change resulting from pricing and availability issue) and the approximate budget range. If you decide to go forward with your tour, we will require a $500 group planning fee to confirm the departure. This fee is non-refundable and will be applied to the tour price when you go forward with the tour. $500 USD per person (minus the group deposit, which applies to one participant) is subsequently due two within two weeks of confirmation, and the balance is due 90 days before departure unless otherwise noted in your itinerary. The above-noted cancellation and booking terms apply, unless otherwise noted in your trip itinerary.
Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
Unforeseen events may result in cancellation and medical or other problems may arise during a tour. For this reason we highly recommend Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance for multi-day trips to protect yourself against irrecoverable costs associated with cancellation, interruption, health care, rescue and other costs. Even if you feel you can afford to cancel a trip, it is important to think about other aspects of protection such as mountain rescue that insurance may cover. While highly unlikely, mountain rescue can be very expensive, especially outside the United States. If you purchase travel insurance, please make sure that this is covered if applicable for your tour. Please also be aware of any terms pertaining to pre-existing conditions. If you would like to purchase trip insurance, you can apply directly on-line or by telephone with a range of companies. To compare providers and their features and costs go to InsureMyTrip.com. For useful information on understanding health insurance go to www.travelinsurancereview.net.
In the event that Bredeson Outdoor Adventures must cancel a tour, all trip members will be notified a minimum of 45 days before the trip departs and will receive a full refund of payments made to Bredeson Outdoor Adventures. Bredeson Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to cancel any tour for any reason, including insufficient tour enrollment. We are not responsible for expenses incurred by guests in preparing for a canceled tour, including, but not limited to, nonrefundable airline tickets, visa fees, inoculations, equipment, etc. We encourage you to contact our office prior to purchasing your airline tickets to check the status of your tour.
We are happy to provide group discounts or a reduced rate for your group's organizer.